“A joy to work with! Whether documenting a day in the life of a Victoria's Secret model or drawing a hint of a smile from a notoriously deadpan editor-in-chief, Ron Jautz is a star.
Jane Colihan, Photo Editor at Forbes.com
"I’m not much for talking about myself, I’d rather tell someone else’s story through my images."
If you can’t get a sense of who I am by looking at my work, this paragraph's for you.
I like to tell stories.
And while I’d prefer to tell your story in pictures, this space is meant for sharing a bit about myself.
I’ve been a professional photographer for over 30 years and have been shooting pictures since I was a kid. I’m blessed to have worked with many clients, some of whom have hired me for over 25 years and many more who have become good friends.
I’ve worked on six continents, in 20 countries, and 48 states; my assignments have taken me from boardrooms at IBM to inner offices in the White House; from the Royal Palace in Warsaw to rock quarries in Virginia. I’ve photographed Presidents and Prime Ministers, Members of Congress and Members of Parliament, movie stars, athletes and CEOs—and a lot of unsung heroes from the every-day world.
Whether I’m assigned a single image or an entire story, I aim to concept and create portrait moments with an eye for light, space, and nuance. A portrait is much more than just a picture of a person and I use my ability to put others at ease—subjects, clients, and even my crew—to create an environment that allows people to open up and be natural in front of my camera, leaving viewers with a very real sense that they know the person.
I could go on about who, what, when and where I did amazing things, but those stories are best told over a cup of coffee after wrapping a shoot. If you do want more info, have a look at a partial list of my clients, my fine art CV, and check out my Blog.
But call me and let’s have that coffee soon.
CV- Fine Art- Photography Ron Jautz
• Drew University, New Jersey
• Intimate Nature, The Blue Ridge Mountains, National Wildlife Federation, Washington, DC
• Intimate Nature, The Blue Ridge Mountains, National Humanities Center, North Carolina
• Intimate Nature, The Blue Ridge Mountains, Drew University Photo Gallery, New Jersey
• Sheer Motion, Shockoe Bottom Arts Center, Richmond, VA
• Silly Faces, Shockoe Bottom Arts Center, Richmond, VA
• Let Kids Be Kids, Shockoe Bottom Arts Center, Richmond, VA
• Virginia’s Mountains: The Blue Ridge, Shockoe Bottom Arts Center, Richmond, VA
• Icebergs, SOHO Gallery of Digital Art, New York, NY
• Our Natural World, Landmark Center, Alexandria, VA
• Plastic Pictures, Diana Camera images of New York, Damian Gallery, New York, NY
• Polar Ice, National Humanities Center, North Carolina. (Joint show with painter Nerys Levy)
• Polar Ice, Panzanella Art Space, Carrboro, NC. (Joint show with painter Nerys Levy)
• The Art of Nature & Scenic Photography
• Creativity and Awareness
• Finding Your Photographer’s Eye
• Fashion Photography & Fashion Lighting
• Shooting Environmental Portraits
• Senior Instructor with NYC Digital Photography Workshops (www.NYCDPW.com).
“Thanks for everything. I was able to relax knowing that we were in good hands.”
Renee Wilkerson, New York Academy of Sciences
Partial List of Clients
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association
American History Magazine
American Red Cross
Apple Computer, Inc.
Bank of New York Mellon
Historic Preservation Magazine
Legal Services Corporation
National Humanities Center
Nature Conservancy Magazine
Reed Business Information
Seton Hall University
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Turner Broadcasting System
Virginia Hospital Center
“Ron is a true professional and an overall good person. I hired him on several occasions for work related photo shoots at retail locations. Ron has always been punctual, extremely personable, easy to work with and resourceful, all at an incredibly reasonable rate. The final product is always creatively executed and delivered promptly. If I ever need a photographer in New York, Ron is the first guy I will call! I unequivocally recommend him."
Denise Gomez, Director, Licensing and Brand Management at Cartoon Network